Good afternoon Regions and Clubs,
Stage 3 Restrictions are now in effect in Tasmania as of 12pm today 26th June 2020. This has brought about good news for Tasmanian bowlers with the increase of numbers on our greens and in the clubrooms now increased. Bowling numbers basically to return to normal with greens able to be run at full capacity.
Of course there are still restrictions, this is simply Stage 3, we’re not quite out of the woods yet. So please carefully read the Bowls Return to Play Stage 3 document for specifics along with the State Government Sport, Exercise and Recreation section of the Coronavirus Tasmania website.
It is imperative that all Clubs have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place before opening. This is not a Bowls Tasmania recommendation but Law for all Tasmanian Businesses. You can read about the specific requirements for the Tasmanian Sport & Recreation Sector HERE. This link also offers templates that can be used to create this template. Information has been sent to Clubs regarding this, however if your Club would like any extra assistance please contact Bowls Tasmania directly.
Bowls Tasmania would like to sincerely thank all Regions, Clubs and Bowlers for your patience and understanding throughout this trying time. Congratulations to all Tasmanian’s for your work in helping flatten the curve in Tasmania and enabling us to be able to moving through these restrictions at a quicker pace than first thoughts.
Bowls Tasmania would also like to thank the State Government and the department of Communities Sport & Recreation for their ongoing support and assistance.
If anyone would like any further assistance or clarification on any matters then please contact Bowls Tasmania ceo@bowlstasmania.
com.auor 6331 7436
COVID Safe Plan – Stage 3
Friday 26th June 2020 12:00pm
It is a mandatory requirement that all Clubs have a COVID Safe Plan in place. This information has been sent to Clubs on numerous occasions. Please ensure this is in place before opening.
If you are feeling unwell or showing any cold or flu like symptoms, then please stay home. Non-essential social gatherings should be avoided.
Social Distancing requirements of 1.5m must be adhered to both on and off the green. Also a density level of 2m squared must be complied with. (This will need extra attention for your bar and hall facilities. Please ensure you have measured your Clubs facilities so you can be certain of your capacity).
Clubs are permitted to have a maximum of 500 players and spectators at their venues for OUTDOOR competition and 250 for INDOOR competition. This is provided that the 2m squared rule and 1.5m social distancing can be complied with. So please ensure you work this number out for your own venue.
Training & Competition
Bowls activities can return to normal. Please comply with the following points to ensure the safety and wellbeing for all.
- Bowls Tasmania recommends that all Clubs have a designated volunteer/staff member to fulfil the following guidelines. This person should be fully aware of and compliant with their own State Government legislation and STA advice.
- Hand sanitiser is to be made available at the entrance to the Bowling Club and beside each green in use.
- Disinfectant spray must be made available beside mat/jack boxes. After each use, all mats and jacks must be thoroughly cleaned before being used again.
- Any club bowls that are loaned to players are to be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- Where possible, outdoor-accessible toilets should be open, if using an outdoor green. At the very least, hand washing facilities should be available.
- It is recommended that a register of participants is kept for the purpose of tracing if required.Bowls Activity:
- 1.5m physical distancing rule is to be observed at all times, including for coaching.
- Other bowls equipment should not be shared between players (e.g. bowls, cloths,measures etc).
- Disinfectant spray must be made available beside mat/jack boxes and betweeneach use all mats and jacks must be thoroughly cleaned by players.
- Players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including washing hands for atleast 20 seconds before and after bowls.